How to Connect AirPods to Windows Laptop
If you’re using AirPods (2nd generation), make sure that your Mac has macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later installed. To check the version of macOS that your Mac is using, go to Apple > About This Mac.
If you’re using AirPods (1st generation), make sure that your Mac has macOS Sierra 10.12.5 or later installed.
Before you begin, update your software:
On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
On your Mac, open the App Store and click Updates at the top of the App Store window.
To connect your AirPods to a Windows laptop:
1) Put your AirPods in their case—keep the lid open.
2) On your Windows laptop, open the Bluetooth settings window.
3) Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white. This indicates that your AirPods are in pairing mode.
4) In the “Add a device” window, select your AirPods when they appear. If prompted, enter the 4-digit code that appears on your laptop’s screen.
5) Once your AirPods are connected, you’ll see them listed as “Connected” in the Bluetooth window.
You can now use your AirPods with your Windows laptop! For more tips on using AirPods, check out our complete guide.